how to do it?
A downloadable game for Windows, Linux, and Android
As part of Castle Game Engine examples we have developed a completely playable demo of a platformer game.
You can download the compiled version here and play!
- AD (or left-right arrows) to move left / right
- W (or up arrow) to jump
- Space to shoot (once you get the weapon)
Using mouse or touch input (on Android):
- Press in the left-bottom screen part to move left.
- Press in the right-bottom screen part to move right.
- Press in the upper screen part to jump.
- Press at least 2 fingers on the touch device simultaneously to shoot.
Level (and all UI) designed visually using the Castle Game Engine editor.
Sprites sheets designed using CGE editor and managed in .castle-sprite-sheet format (see sprite sheets docs).
Full platformer gameplay. Player can move, jump, pick up a weapon, be hurt by enemies, be hurt by obstacles, collect things, die, finish the level. Extra jumps in the air are possible (check out Advanced player checkbox). Enemies move following a simple pattern.
Sound and music.
All states you expect from a usual game — main menu, options (with volume configuration), pause, credits, game over and of course the actual game.
As a developer: Open in Castle Game Engine examples/platformer/ (can be viewed on GitHub here), build it and run, and play with designs and code yourself. Have fun!
With many thanks to:
- 1.2.0 release - major optimization on AndroidSep 16, 2021
- 1.1.0 release - Windows dependencies fixes, Android buildAug 30, 2021