Mountains Of Fire
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
This split-screen game shows the 3D world from two different perspectives:
- a worm, swimming in hot lava, and
- a human, carefully walking over the rocky surface.
Together, they cooperate to reach a safe place within the mountains flooded with lava. The game can be played by two players, or by a single player controlling both human and sandworm simultaneously. The controls were designed to be reachable by a single player.
Controls and hints how to play:
- Human views the world in 1st person. It walks over the terrain. In right-handed mode, human view is the right one. Human is controlled only with mouse. Move mouse to look around. Click mouse left button to start/stop moving forward (no need to hold the button pressed), Click mouse right button to start/stop moving backward (no need to hold the button pressed). Human is hurt by hot lava. Stand on a neutral ground (rocks) to regenerate, or very close to the worm when it freezes the lava (on blueish fluid). When the human dies, game ends.
- Worm views the world from the top. It can swim in lava. In right-handed mode, worm view is the left one. Move the worm with AWSD. Worm freezes lava into a water that is not harmful for player. Worm is hurt when it stays stationary for too long, as the heat is too much even for a sandworm. You have to move the worm to regenerate. When the worm dies, human can still try to continue the game.
- Worm is visible in both views, even when it's obscured by a wall etc. If you're lost, human can look around, and see where the worm is.
- F5 takes a screenshot.
- Escape exit.
Click download now to get access to the following files: